eng - fr
University of Limoges
February 10 2006
- "MODulations NUMériques" is an open and free built-in Scilab/Scicos toolbox
for the modelling and the simulation of communication systems.
- This toolbox proposes blocks, schematics and in-line functions of base-band
PSK/QAM modulations in order to build communication chains in Scilab/Scicos environment.
- Components used to build spread-spectrum communication systems,
such Pseudo Noise sequence generators (Quasi-Chaotic, PN and Gold sequence
generators) are also included.
- This toolbox also includes miscellaneous scopes for Scicos, such 3D trajectory Scope and other
scopes used for analisys of digital transmission : Eye Diagram Scope, Scattered Diagram Scope,...
- Schematics and blocks of integer and fractionnal frequency synthesizer components
(Phase/Frequency Detector, VCO, Delta-Sigma modulators,...) are provided.
- This toolbox also focus on the simulation of chaotic systems and gives schematics of
simulation of Chua's, Rössler's, Van Der Pol's systems (and others).
Toolbox internal organization
This toolbox contains several elements :
- A low-level computational routines library (in C language) including common
functions of base band communication and tri-state PFD.
- A set of Scicos palettes including 71 blocks with computational functions
and extented interfacing functions :
- Communication palette for PSK/QAM transmissions.
- Phase Locked Loop palette for the designing of integer and fractional frequency synthesizer.
- Sinks palette to display frame-based signal and 3d trajectory in Scicos.
- Sources palette to compute random process (and others).
- Non-linear palette with common non-linearities encontered in digital processor
- Many examples of Scicos diagrams and Scilab simulation scripts.
For the time being, this toolbox is frozen at beta version to enable the bugs correction.
This version is avialable for scilab 3.0, 3.1, RC-4 :
- On linux platform, builder script use gcc/g77 to build the toolbox.
- On windows platform, builder script is able to use:
- MSVC++ to build the toolbox
- lcc-win32 (see scilab-x.x/lcc/Readme_LCC.txt for instructions of installation).
- Future improvement of builder script should also build the toolbox for Solaris/HP-Unix platform.
The instructions are given in the README file in the root directory of the toolbox.
Source version and binary version of the toolbox
include a documentation in html format.
Two languages are supported : english and french but for this time
only english documentation is written.
You can see(HTML) or download(PDF) the toolbox documentation with this following links :
- HTML format
- PDF format
- English version
- French version
- Scilab macros to generate scilab simulation script files of scicos diagram with PVM (for BER estimation).
- Interfacing functions of low-level computational routines.
- Spectrum analyzer scope for Scicos.
- Two language documentation.